(Cordyceps 3) – The immune system is made up of lymphoid tissue in the body, which includes: Bone marrow, Lymph nodes, Parts of the spleen and gastrointestinal tract, Thymus, and Tonsils. Proteins and cells in the blood are also part of the immune system, which helps protect the body from harmful substances called antigens. Examples of antigens include bacteria, viruses, toxins, and cancer cells. There are many ailments and dis eases that are considered to be a result of Chronic immune deficiency, including: Chronic fatigue syndrome, Allergic rhinitis, some Sexual/reproductive dysfunctions, some forms of Respiratory dysfunction, Tinnitus from kidney yang deficiency. In Chinese medicine we look at this condition as a combination the following patterns Kidney yang, and jing deficiency, accumulation of phlegm paired with lung deficiency, and an underlying overall qi deficiency. Representations can vary based on variations in the patterns.
Chinese herbs can be very helpful in managing the symptoms of this situation. When looking for a modern day formula to: tonify the kidney jing, the lungs and resolve phlegm, as well as tonify the qi look for a formula containing one or more of the following herbs:
Ren Shen – Has a tremendous effect to tonify qi and helps to improve energy, strengthening the Spleen to improve digestion, and also calms the shen to improve mental function.
Huang Qi – Is a potent herbs for patients with generalized weakness and deficiencies, because it Strongly tonifies the qi of the Lungs and the spleen, aiding in digestion and fighting infections.
Du Zong -Tonifies the Kidney Yang and jing replenishing the energy reserves of the body.
- Tonifies Lung and Kidney qi
- Dong Chong Xia Cao (Cordyceps)
- Huang Qi (Radix Astragali)
- Ren Shen (Radix et Rhizoma Ginseng)
- 3-4 capsules 3 times a day for an average adult (18-60 years of age, approximately 150 lbs). This standard dosage may be increased or decreased depending on the patient’s individual factors, such as age, body weight, type of illness and severity.
- Serve with warm water on an empty stomach, 2-3 hours apart from your prescription medication or other supplements. Do not take with tea, coffee, juice, soda or any other beverages.