(Calm Jr) – ADD/ADHD is considered to be a prefrontal cortex issue. This is where there is deficiency of the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine. The thought is that these lower level of neurotransmitters makes it difficult concentrate. In Chinese medicine we look at this pathology as an imbalance in the body leading to Liver wind rising with shen (spirit) disturbance arising from Liver yin deficiency. To treat these disorders, both sedative and tonic herbs must be used together. To help restore normal balance in the body.
As always when dealing with any ongoing issue like this you want to address it form several aspects of your life. Chinese herbs can be very helpful to nourish the yin. Therefore extinguishing liver wind and tranquilize the shen. When looking for modern day formula look for one containing the following herbs: Mai Men Dong which sedates Heart fire to relieve shen disturbance, and quiets restlessness Sheng Di Huang which Nourishes the yin, and generates fluids to clear excess heat Bai Shao helps to nourishes the liver blood and yin to calms liver yang rising and quiet the mind Mu Li which helps Benefits the yin and anchors floating yang to settles the spirit and clam the mind.
- Extinguishes Liver wind, nourishes the shen (spirit)
- Bai Shao(Radix Paeoniae Alba)
- Bie Jia(Carapax Trionycis)
- Chuan Xiong(Rhizoma Chuanxiong)
- Di Huang(Radix Rehmanniae)
- Gou Teng(Ramulus Uncariae cum Uncis)
- Gui Ban(Plastrum Testudinis)
- Jue Ming Zi(Semen Cassiae)
- Mai Dong(Radix Ophiopogonis)
- Mu Li(Concha Ostreae)
- Shi Chang Pu(Rhizoma Acori Tatarinowii)
- Tai Zi Shen(Radix Pseudostellariae)
- Yu Jin(Radix Curcumae)
- Yuan Zhi(Radix Polygalae)
- 3-4 capsules 3 times a day for an average adult (18-60 years of age, approximately 150 lbs). This standard dosage may be increased or decreased depending on the patient’s individual factors, such as age, body weight, type of illness and severity.
- Serve with warm water on an empty stomach, 2-3 hours apart from your prescription medication or other supplements. Do not take with tea, coffee, juice, soda or any other beverages.
Try our Calm ES