(Cholisma ES) – Metabolic syndrome is a collection of risk factors that when combine greatly increases a person’s risk of developing heart disease, and type 2 diabetes If you have at least three of the following risk factors, you may suffer from metabolic syndrome: Significant belly fat or a waist circumference of 40 inches or greater for men and 35 inches or more for women. High blood sugar levels. High triglyceride levels with levels of 150 mg or higher. Low HDL (high density lipoprotein) considered the good cholesterol, numbers lower than 40 mg for men and 50 mg for women are considered a risk factor, and lastly high blood pressure. Anything higher than 130 over 85 is considered a risk factor.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, cholesterol and triglycerides are considered as excess accumulations of dampness and phlegm in the blood vessels (hyperlipidemia). Also in the liver (fatty liver), and in the body (obesity). When dealing with a pattern of Excess dampness and Phlegm you must address it from several aspects of your life along with changes in diet and exercise Chinese herbs can be very helpful. When looking for a more modern day formula to clear heat. Also to reduce accumulations of dampness and phlegm in the blood vessels, liver, and body. You should look for one containing the following herbs:g
Da Huang – Strongly Clears heat and detoxifies, as well as moves the blood and breaks up stagnation.
Ze Xie – Promotes urination and clears heat to relieve damp heat in the lower jiao, drain deficiency heat without injuring the yin fluids.
Shan Zha – Activates blood circulation and eliminate blood stasis. Therefore this prevents plaque build-up in the vessel walls and ensures a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Dissolves damp, eliminates phlegm, invigorates blood circulation
- Da Huang(Radix et Rhizoma Rhei)
- Dan Shen(Radix et Rhizoma Salviae Miltiorrhizae)
- Ge Gen(Radix Puerariae Lobatae)
- Hai Zao(Sargassum)
- Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae)
- Jue Ming Zi(Semen Cassiae)
- Shan Zha(Fructus Crataegi)
- Yin Chen(Herba Artemisiae Scopariae)
- Yu Jin(Radix Curcumae)
- Ze Xie(Rhizoma Alismatis)
Recommended Dosing of Cholisma ES
- 3-4 capsules 3 times a day for an average adult (18-60 years of age, approximately 150 lbs). This standard dosage may be increased or decreased. Due to the patient’s individual factors, such as age, body weight, type of illness and severity.
- Serve with warm water on an empty stomach, 2-3 hours apart from your prescription medication or other supplements. Do not take with tea, coffee, juice, soda or any other beverages.